Thursday, April 26, 2012

Will I be able to use this with some physical limitations?

I bought the program last week, but have been really busy getting ready for my daughter's wedding on June 6. (I've also been hesitant to open the program since I won't be able to return it once it's been openend.)
I am about 80 lbs. overweight (perpetual Weight Watchers member), and have arthritis, plantar fasciitis, a spur in my Achilles' tendon, and spurs on my arthritic knees. I no longer take prescription arthritis meds because they are hard on my stomach, and my insurance would only allow me to take generic Aleve, which didn't help much. It certainly didn't help enough to warrant the danger from the potential side effects.
I really want to begin using this game, but want to feel pretty confident that I'll be able to do enough components of it to make it worth the cost. Apparently, I can skip an exercise by pressing the + button on the remote. Can I do this once I'm already doing the exercise?
I've read where people say that the game isn't recognizing some of their movements, and is, in effect, freezing because they can go no further OR they can't get any reading in reference to their calories burned. That seems as if it would be pretty discouraging, as I'd like to find a way to correlate calories burned with Weight Watchers activity points.
Because of my spurs on my knees, I have a very difficult getting down on the floor and getting up again. The pressure on my kneecaps really hurts. Will I be able to use this game with that limitation? (I've been to orthopedists, and seem to be unable to get rid of the spurs.)
Any help that you can give me is very much appreciated. I really want to use this game (especially the resistance bands). Thanks a lot!|||Yes, you can press the + button at any time during the exercise sequence to skip the exercise. Also before you exercise, you will see a list of exercises that you will be doing for the day. You can click on anything on that list and "X" it out if you feel that you won't be able to do them.|||Thank you so much! I really want to use the program, but it cost too much to have it just sit in my game basket. I really appreciate your having taken the time to answer me!!|||I'm just getting to know the program and haven't done a customized workout yet, all 30 Day Challenge. But I can guess that you will probably want to plan customized workouts that focus away from your knees. I think there are enough things to do that don't use deep knee bends (and there's no floor work I've seen so far, you never sit or lie down). The boxing will give you lots of cardio without overusing your knees.
I've been more excited to use this program than any exercise thing I've tried in a long time!|||OceanWriter (I love your name, btw, as the ocean is my favorite thing!),
I'm glad to see that you are really enjoying EA SPORTS Active. I have been looking forward to it for a long time, and can't wait to get started. Thanks for the encouragement!|||hi i also have arthritis i have severe RA. i just did day 1 today, it was good.
just start slow and see what feels good for you

No comments:

Post a Comment