Thursday, April 26, 2012

Need motivation

Help me. I don't want to sound like a whiner, but I realize that's what I'm sounding like right now... I explained my story here before, I used to weigh 256 around christmas 2009, I started working out with EA Sports Active More Workouts and in end of march, beginning of april I was at 219-220. Now, two weeks later, I'm back at 225 and it's like I can't find the motivation anymore to train and watch what I'm eating....
Help !?!?|||It's really up to you. Weight issues are the same as any other addiction. No one can make you lose weight unless you want to do it deep inside yourself. We all have set backs and weak moments but whether you get back on the horse and give it your best or whether you fall back into old habits has to come from you.
It does get easier with time as you break old bad habits. In the beginning I had to make myself workout everyday, now if I don't get a good workout in I feel like something is missing. I craved sweets and junk but eventually healthy eating became a way of life and although I still cheat sometimes and have something bad it isn't constantly on my mind.
So we can support you here and offer encouragement but you have to find the motivation in you to keep going.|||have you thought about writing down pros & cons of losing the weight & getting fit & stick them to the refridgerator? Maybe also with a pic of you when you were fitter? I found this quite a help. Maybe you need a group to lose weight with. If you are in the USA there is weightwatchers & I imagine other similar slimming groups.|||I think that Deb hit the nail on the head, you have to WANT to workout. For me I found the advantage of EA Sports Active is that it is FUN to workout and I looked forward to it. Seeing my initial success I started eating better and made fitness a priority. I never would have done that had I not found my FUN workout that made me want to continue and not give up. It is too easy to give up if you are not enjoying yourself and then it is just a chore to maintain the weight.
The advantage of finding my fun workout is that now it is in my lifestyle and I don't even need to think about it. I have 2 or 3 fitness routines besides EASA, my wife knows that my schedule is to workout everyday after work and before dinner and plans the evening around that. The grocery shopping has changed to keep healthy food on hand and keep the tempting sweets as just an occasional treat.
You just need to find your FUN workout to integrate into your lifestyle. EA Sports can be that...but not necessarily. If you enjoy walking or running or hiking or boxing or weight lifting...anything can be YOUR lifestyle changer.
That being said...don't give up! A five pound increase in two weeks is probably not permanent weight and will come off fast once you start working out again. You had amaizing success in dropping 25-30 lbs in three months. What a great accomplishment! Now you have put on 5 in a couple of weeks. Find that motivation and those 5 will come off FAST and then you can continue on your journey to fitness!!|||Thanks for the tips. I did a workout last night, tonight is kickboxing night. I'll write back next week to say how it went. Thanks guys.|||dave - keep us updated - we look forward to you becming a fitness freak too lol|||So I finished my second 6 week program today. I did it in 8.5 weeks. I lost 8-10 pounds. It did not work as amazingly as my first 6 week program where I lost 28 pounds in 9 weeks. But it's still a weight loss, right?
I guess I'm going to start a third 6 week program on thursday. I'll try to be more careful what I eat during that next 6 week program. I wasn't very careful this time and it showed in the end.
I started at 256, I'm now at 220. Still 21 more to go to reach my goal of 199.
I can do it! I can do it!
I'm gonna watch Rocky now |||Dave: great news on your weight loss. Remember you'll also be bulding muscle. & 1lg a week is a good steady maintainable loss. |||Actually 8-10 lbs is 6 weeks is pretty impressive!! I know for myself my first 15 lbs came off fast and them I hit a plateau and the next 10 lbs came a lot slower. I am at 25 lbs lost so far. The last 10 also came in 5 lb increments with plateaus between them where I lost nothing.
For myself I think part of the problem was that as I see the initial success I would back off on some of my diet restrictions. My weekness is booze and sweets. After I lost 15 lbs I started going for that beer that I would have skipped before, or grabbed that donut that I would have passed on when I was really being good.
I learned that it's fine to treat yourself once in a while but if my goal is to continue to lose I need to continue to be good. As far as the booze goes...I might just accept a slower weight loss and imbibe more often!! |||Dave you have done great!
I agree that you need to treat yourself. You need to make it a lifestyle change and I for one am not going to give up having wine once in a while. We also like to eat out once a week and I treat myself there by pretty much getting what I want.
Not hurting my losses.

No comments:

Post a Comment