Thursday, April 26, 2012

Just Started Wii Active Yesterday

Hi Everyone.
I just started Wii Active yesterday and I must say it is quite a work out. I already feel it in my butt and upper thighs. I haven't gotten much results from the Wii fit (I would work out for an hour and not even break a sweat doing the aerobic activities) and just wanted to see if this actually works if you stick to your diet and to the 30 day challenge. I am looking to tone and lose about 10 to 15 pounds.
I've read some the reviews on the website for this and it seems like it worked for them- but I was just curious if anyone else had lost weight and gone done in sizes from using this constistantly.
Lucky Libra|||I just started last weekend, after getting bored with the Wii Fit. I'm hoping to get my weight loss going again - I stalled out a while ago. I can feel the workout, but can't tell you anything about weight loss and size loss yet. Let's compare notes as we go along.|||Give it a couple of weeks and I know you will be able to tell the difference. luckylibra, I'm like you and wanted to work up a sweat, Wii Fit didn't do it by EA Active does! Lots of people use both. Those lunges ans squats can really work the butt and thighs. The first week it hurt the most to sit down and get back up...that good kind of muscles-are-working hurt.
I have lost over 6 pounds and I'm just half way through the 30 day challenge. I also added a 2 mile walk at work at lunch time Monday to Friday and have been eating better, too.|||Hi Ken and Debra,
Thanks for the feedback - I appeciate it.
Debra I agree to stay in touch and compare wieght loss. I had my rest day yesterday and it was much needed. Today my mucles have calmed down and I'm ready to go again.
Looking forward to see how everything progresses.
Mary
|||I am going to defend Wii Fit, although I am a big EA fan.
In the long run, I think the Wii Fit emphasis on balance and stretching is very important. Please consider combining the Wii Fit and EA Sports Active.
Of all the exercises I do, the yoga Tree on Wii Fit still humiliates me the most. Man it is tough to stay still through that.
I also love the pushup planks and jackknife exercises on Wii Fit, and the regular old Plank. EA Sports never asks you to get off your feet, do you notice that?|||MaryLibra -
First week done, and I'm down a pound. Since I also made a deal with myself when I started this to pay more attention to what I eat, I can't say where the results come from, but I'm happy anyway. I have noticed that once my lower body stopped aching, I have better posture - losing the slouch. I feel like it's working for me.
How's it going for you?
Deb|||


I am going to defend Wii Fit, although I am a big EA fan.
In the long run, I think the Wii Fit emphasis on balance and stretching is very important. Please consider combining the Wii Fit and EA Sports Active.
Of all the exercises I do, the yoga Tree on Wii Fit still humiliates me the most. Man it is tough to stay still through that.
I also love the pushup planks and jackknife exercises on Wii Fit, and the regular old Plank. EA Sports never asks you to get off your feet, do you notice that?

LOL, you are so right. "Dance Pose" had me gritting my teeth in determination for awhile before I got it right. Keep working on it! I still use Wii Fit for the yoga, but have also started my EAS 30 Day Challenge today. I think doing both will be great -- yoga for lengthening and strengthening muscles and your core and for balance work, EAS for burning that butter! We can do it!!!
(I also love Jackknife Challenges against the trainer!)|||Hi Deb,
Sorry about the delay. It's been a busy week. I think I may have lost a pound or so. But I have noticed that I'm starting to get a little more toned. Hopefully I will see more results soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment