Friday, April 27, 2012

New and I need SUPPORT and buddies! Lets do this together!

Hey there! My name is Jenny and Im in Nyc. I got the Wii and the Ea active about a week ago. I started the 30 day challenge but so far Im only into 3 days of it... I got distracted along the way and I need some buddies to be accountable with. Its tooooo easy to walk past the Wii when I come home and relax! Im sure some of you out there can relate! I want to lose weight, but even more than that, I need to get healthy and get off some medications. Only being 33, I dont need to be on blood pressure, cholesterol meds, etc... Its more about health than anything else- but looking and feeling better in my clothes wouldnt hurt!! Lol! Im eating better than ever before- it was a slow progression to more fruits and veggies and buying as much organic as possible, and making delicious green smoothies for breakfast, but its def a start. Hope to hear from you. Im also on aol. Take care.
Jenny (Carrybradshaw1@aol.com)|||I added you too AIM.. mine is Maht07emt (that's a zero)||| Welcome, yesterday was only my second day and I was so sore that I did not want to get up and workout today but I remembered what I wanted in the long run. Today is my first rest day but I am still going to workout on the Wii Fit instead and do yoga and focus on the abs today. It has been a long road coming for me but I have lost 30lbs and still have another 20lbs to go. I noticed a big change in my weight once I started eating healthy. But hang in there and I will be sure to keep you updated with my progress and send you some encouraging words. Take care and stay fit |||KimmyJaneTD I admire you for not weighing yourself until your 30 days is over, I think I might have to join you on that band wagon. I am weigh crazzzy to the point that I want to weigh myself everyday which just ends up frustrating me. What day are you on? Meanwhile take care |||Hi Jenny!
Welcome!
Everyone here is on the same mission so you are in the right place at the right time and it is a very encouraging environment so great to have ya around!
I can totally relate to you wanting to be healthy and leave medication city long behind you.
You have to try to make a committment to yourself NOT to walk past your Wii but instead to turn it on daily. You have already have taken the big step in changing your eating so now just kickstart your metabolism with some healthy exercise! Challenge yourself to do three a week and on your other days take a walk or ride a bike if you have one. Put on some music and just dance around until you work up a good sweat! At this point moving, any moving is going to be good for you and your body. Just like you schedule time for other things...make you a priority and schedule 30-40 minutes out of your day to move it! Trust me though EA active is really fun once you get into it! And build yourself some custom workouts for fun with the dancing, or tennis and volleyball you will be addicted! And if you have someone who can do it with you like your kids if you have them then do that! I promise you will not be sorry. Get pumped, get motivated and get healthy!
|||Thank you all for your encouragement! (and keep it coming! lol!) Bravo to you for your committment to getting fit and staying active!! I am happy to see that you are losing weight with the Wii. I have a gym membership to a gorgeous place here in Ny (LA FITNESS) and I rarely go. My bf wanted to get the Wii anyway coz hes a big gamer, so when I saw the active, it just clicked for me. I was nervous about the Wii not giving me the same results as a gym would, but as I see people losing weight, it must work. I guess every calorie counts, but what got me discouraged, was that I ll do a Wii workout (on easy) from the 30 day challange and be all sweaty, killing myself and its like "burned 117 calories"... Thats barely a cookie!! And I know on the elliptical at the gym or the treadmill, if you are on it long enough with enough intensity you could double or triple my Wii calorie count. Has anyone else had this frustration? My bf tells me to relax coz hes seen me do the Wii workout and Im DEAD afterwards. He tells me that thats the important part, not the cals burned. The next day, I do have more energy and my thighs KILL me. And PS- Ive NEVER run before the Wii... When I did my first workout and the Wii trainer said "Now we're gonna run", I looked around my living room and said aloud "We WHO"??? Lol. I guess every lil bit counts. Have a good day.
Jenny|||Jenny,
Welcome and I'll check in and join you too. Today was my 67 day doing Wii Fit and day 43 on Active. I follow the Eat Clean Deit - check out the web site or google Tosa Reno. I have been doing this since April 25th and to date have lost 19 pounds - 4 inches in my hips, 3 inches in my waist.
I am on my second 30 Day Challenge. I do an hour on Wii Fit - love the yoga, strength training and balance games. The Active I like the leg workouts, resistant bands and running.
Enjoy the journey.
4' 11"
starting weight 131
current weight 112
goal 109|||If you have the gym membership anyway, you can increase the benefit. Journal your gym workouts in the additional activity section - EA Active raves about your effort, which makes it pretty fun.
I think it's ok to disregard or at least downplay the calorie count - I've seen others post that their heart-rate monitors are telling them a different story. And a metabolism revved by exercise is supposed to burn more calories all the time.
Welcome and let's hit it!|||


Thank you all for your encouragement! (and keep it coming! lol!) Bravo to you for your committment to getting fit and staying active!! I am happy to see that you are losing weight with the Wii. I have a gym membership to a gorgeous place here in Ny (LA FITNESS) and I rarely go. My bf wanted to get the Wii anyway coz hes a big gamer, so when I saw the active, it just clicked for me. I was nervous about the Wii not giving me the same results as a gym would, but as I see people losing weight, it must work. I guess every calorie counts, but what got me discouraged, was that I ll do a Wii workout (on easy) from the 30 day challange and be all sweaty, killing myself and its like "burned 117 calories"... Thats barely a cookie!! And I know on the elliptical at the gym or the treadmill, if you are on it long enough with enough intensity you could double or triple my Wii calorie count. Has anyone else had this frustration? My bf tells me to relax coz hes seen me do the Wii workout and Im DEAD afterwards. He tells me that thats the important part, not the cals burned. The next day, I do have more energy and my thighs KILL me. And PS- Ive NEVER run before the Wii... When I did my first workout and the Wii trainer said "Now we're gonna run", I looked around my living room and said aloud "We WHO"??? Lol. I guess every lil bit counts. Have a good day.
Jenny

I wouldn't focus so much on how many calories the Wii says that you are actually burning because you might be burning more that actually is being registered. If your body and your afterburn are telling you that you had a good workout then you did. Something else you can do is to take your measurements vs. weighing yourself because I tend to lose inches faster that the numbers on the scale. Hang in there girl and I so feel you on the thighs killing you |||Jenny,
With regards to the calories burned...FORGETABOUTIT!
The this is totally wrong and only takes into account what they suspect would be the calories burned.
I use free weights for all my squats, lunges and a bunch of other exercises and a heavier band than the one that comes with the Active(which sucks by the way!) and my heart monitor always has me way above the calories burned. In fact for the most part I use it as a gage but that is it. The point it you see and think ok (for those who don't have a heart monitor to go by anyway) I am doing something and I see that it is burning something and that in itself is motivation. Basically for anyone who hasn't been motivated or really active and is just starting out this is a perfect "get up and move it!" tool. You have gotta start somewhere and this for a lot of people is a huge start AND IT WORKS! And it is fun! I was never a volleyball girl but I have finally managed to teach myself to hit those balls over the net and tear up some calories just having fun! Ooh and the tennis! I love it! It has inspired me to sign up for lessons (something I never thought I would have a string of desire to do!)
When I first started working out and trying to change me eating I was like Ugh! This is going to suck! But once I found someone say to me "find things that you enjoy doing so you can stick to it!" I did and I went about finding what type of things made me want to workout. Boxing! OMG! Is one of the best all over workouts! And I enjoy getting out some pint up energy just hitting stuff! You would be surprised how at peace you feel afterwards! And the calorie burn is tremendous! Anyone looking for that something extra would do good to find some place where they offer boxing as a workout! Anyway, not to ramble on but find things that you like and make them part of your program. And keep a variety so you do not get bored! Use the EA Active as a supplement! You already have the gym membership now you have Active...set a goal and hit it! You can do it!|||Think about the calories this way: if you burn 80 or 280, that's still more than what you would have burned by NOT doing Active!

No comments:

Post a Comment