Friday, April 20, 2012

Lit Ladies 30 Day Challenge Check-in starting 9/9/09

Where my ladies at?
Hello girls! Some of us are starting the EA Active 30 Day Challenge tomorrow. Post your goals here and check in weekly -- or as often as you want. Also, let us know if you are using a particular eating program as well.
My goals:
Lose 10-12 lbs. Move down a size (which means I will fit into the size I actually buy my clothes. LOL.)
Stick to my eating plan of primarily eating whole foods and more veggies and no starches in the evenings.
So, far in this group we have:
Nakea
Dai
Melody (me)|||Well I'm not a lady LOL but I do start my new 30 day challenge tomorrow by coincidence My goal is to loose 10 lbs and complete a 30 day challenge in 30 actual days
I have made some major diet changes before I started exercising. Decreased processed foods and complex carbs by eating more from the produce section, cooking home instead of easting out, cutting way back on meat and I mean like 90% back. So basically large vegitable, fruit and fiber diet + exercise and so far so good. |||That's great, ComfortShorts. Is this your first time using EA Active? I just bought it today.|||I've been using it a while not I'll be starting my 4th 30 day challenge tomorrow and I am really pleased with it. You made a good purchase IMO.|||Finished the first workout this morning. I'm going to do low intensity for the first week. I did get a good sweat. The leg strap fell off a couple of times and my form was off for my back rows reps so it took a second to get them to register. All in all a great first workout. Faves were the lower body stuff -- the wii really challenged me to get lower with my squats. I wish there was stretching included.
Hope everyone else has a great workout!|||Hey I'm going to take the challenge. I have had this game for months started out good then had to move so haven't done it. I just found this website n saw that you were starting this today and this is now going to be my motivation to help me loose 20lbs besides doing other things. Thanks great idea n great website|||Mind if I join you?? I posted that I started on the 7th but had to skip days because my legs were KILLING me from the first day. So I'll be a day ahead of you. My goal is to just get through it and record what I eat. I'm also trying to walk 1-2x a day (my dog needs it) and get as close to or over 10000 steps in a day. Today I had about 5000 not very good
Oh well...tomorrow is another day!
Tanya|||Well I accomplished day 1 now off to church....Tanya that was good I think I will add that to my routine as well especially since I live on a hill n people walk everyday|||Tanya and regnsen01 -- pls do join! I'm doing low intensity this week trying to get a hang of it all. I think I will start counting my steps as well. Great idea!|||Finished Day 2. Completed 16 exercises I think. 238 calories. Approx 22 mins. I enjoyed this one more than yesterday. Form was better. But was horrible on the tennis workout. Definitely something to work on. Tomorrow is a rest day but I plan on doing a Gold's Gym Cardio workout.|||I am doing the 30 day challenge and I have a few questions, first, I would like to know which exericse everyone is supposed to be on. I work retail and I think I am behind and I want to catch up. Secondly, I did the Exercise 4 the other day and it didn't record it for some reason. Do I have to do it again to go forward.|||Count me in Melody! I'm a few days behind, but still want to join in. I will be modifying my diet to actually eat MORE since my biggest issue is that I normally skip meals. I also plan to include more veggies & cut down on the bread & cheese.
I'm starting today. My goal is to lose 8-10 pounds.
-Tee|||Okay, I'm back with the verdict and I REALLY enjoyed my workout. I put it on Easy this first time since I wasn't sure of the intensity, so I know tomorrow I'll bump it up to the next level. Once I finally got my nunchuk pointed the right way, it was on! LOL. My only complaint is the flimsy resistance band, which kept coming untied, but I already had one, so I used that. Oh...and the running. I wasn't really prepared (bra-wise) for all that. I did two workout sessions because I've been doing an hour+ per session the last few months.
Overall, I really enjoyed it and am kicking myself that I didn't get it sooner. I also like the surveys and hope to do better today with my eating. I'll also get back to my daily walking/jogging with the baby, so that should help too. I'm really motivated now and am looking forward to sharing tips, updates & results with everyone.
-Tee
|||Tee! So glad you found us.
I think I finished my 5th workout (20 workouts in 30 day challenge). Right now I am doing easy intensity because I haven't been consistent with my workouts and I want to ease myself in mentally and physically. Can't wait to bump it up though. Looking forward to next EA Active game because it has stretches and ab work. Also, has anyone checked out the 5k challenge. Seems like it might be worth doing in the spring. EA Active workout plus run/walk exercises to get you ready for a 5k whether you want to run/walk or run the whole thing.|||I'm glad too, Melody. Now, where is everyone else? LOL.
I also decided to set my daughter up for the challenge too and she worked out yesterday after school and she really likes the program too. I even did the buddy workout with her last night, on a customized program of mostly boxing, tennis, volleyball & basketball and other than her patting me on the back when she beat me, it was fun. LOL. It wasn't overly long, but I definitely felt it because I had just done another 45 minute workout by myself.
I agree with you on easing into the program. I've been working out with a personal trainer since February, so trust me, that's the only reason I bumped it up. Thanks for telling me about the next game too, I'm definitely going to order it as I was a bit disappointed not to see ab work.
I have a killer headache this morning, but I'm going to try to get in a workout.
-Tee

No comments:

Post a Comment