Friday, April 20, 2012

Just got the Wii active 2 and the heart rate monitor wont work

I have tried to sync the heart rate monitor three times to my WII it will not work. I used the fresh batteries that came in the bundel and the leg monitor syncs no problem but the heart wont. I toruble shot with the directions on the screen but nothing seems to work should I take it back and get a replacement?|||My Wii does not recognize Total Body Tracking Hart Rate Monitor Left Arm Motion Sensor - blue lights do not flash or turn on when pressing button so it's not sinchronises with / not seen by wii console.
Course of action??|||It sounds like you both have defective sensors. I would take them back to the place of purchase for an exchange.
|||There seems to be an awful lot of faulty heart rate monitors! Is anything being done about this. Rather annoyed to have purchased this today only to find that I am 'another' person who appears to have a faulty monitor. I feel that having spent a considerable amount of money on this I would expect it to work.|||Umm...after 3 uses my heart rate monitor stops working the second I put it on my arm. It's funny how it reads when it isn't on my arm...I've tried everything in the manual and tried to adjust it above & below my elbow with no luck...Kranders - why can't I just send the monitor back to EA sports and you guys exchange it? This was a gift from an online store...|||


Kranders - why can't I just send the monitor back to EA sports and you guys exchange it? This was a gift from an online store...
I'm not an EA Sports employee...just a volunteer bulletin board moderator. I would recommend calling customer support.|||fresh out of the box, my Wii sensors are not working either|||My left arm sensor (Wii) failed after three uses. After contacting EA, I can tell you that EA will not directly take back the sensors / game. You have to return it back to the store.
My Active 2 was a gift from relatives. I had to call them up and asked for the receipt to return. Needless to say, I am not currently very happy with EA as my elderly relatives had to look everywhere for the receipt. They then had to mail it to me.
A final note is that EA decided that the leg sensor, arm sensor, and USB sensor all have to be matching. I am guessing that this was an easy way to enable 2 people to work out at the same time. The reality though is that not just 1 sensor can be returned - everything has to be returned as a dead arm sensor means the leg and USB are now worthless as well.|||Watched the tutorials over & over on how to wear the HRM & the blue light stays solid so I think the WII is reading it but nothng reads on the TV screen for BPM. Shows calories burned & the leg sensor records my movements fine & saves my workout info but nothing for BPM. I want to make sure I'm getting the most out of my workouts. What am I doing wrong.? Anybody elkse heve this problem?|||Check that when it is on there are 2 little green lights showing on the inside of the band. Those lights need to be placed over the veins in your forearm. Sometimes it takes a minute for it to put up the heart rate and you may have to move it around a bit to find the sweet spot.|||Yup I had the same problem but for me it was my right arm on the PS3(twice). I'm on my third complete set.. The 2nd time the store gave me my money back and then had to go to a different store to purchase a new one..It's too bad didn't happen when they came on sale for $59.99. Would have saved me a cool $40 ...
the downfall I finish my 9 week program on the 17th and I'm at 7 missed workouts right now going to be a busy weekend!!!

2 comments:

  1. Had the same problem and i moved the arm band until it picked up my pulse. That may be the only problem with yours.
    MEanwhile I dropped mine and now its toast. The thought of another 45$ to replace it when the whole game is less than that...ugh.

    Good luck though

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    Thanks for this interesting and important post.I really enjoy your post Really its amazing infirmatin nd usefull....
    EA Games Help please visit the link.

    Thankyou
    Lacy Brown

    ReplyDelete