Friday, April 27, 2012

Is this just for women?

Based on all the pictures and the main site - appears this is primarily for women - any thoughts?|||Looking at the list of 30-day challengers, I was wondering the same thing.
I hope that EA reads this forum.
While I've enjoyed following the blogs and tweets on the 30-day challenge site, I think its unfortunate that only 2 of the 12 people participating in the 30-day challenge are male. And both are at least 10 years older than me.
I would have liked to see more male representation so I could get a better idea of how this product could help me.
I'm a 32-year-old Male who wants to lose about 25-30 lbs.
I work a computer all-day and spend time with my 2-year-old daughter and wife when I get home work.
We also have a second child on the way later this year (so this might be of interest to my wife down the road).
Although I try to watch what I eat, I don't really get enough exercise.
My wife and I stuck with Wii Fit for 2-3 months (about 1 month for her), but we saw minimal results and while it was fun, I was really disappointed by it. The board now sits untouched for months (other than an occasional dusting).
EA Sports Active really interests me, but I am hesitant about spending another $60 on it, only to be disappointed again. I wish there was someone in that challenge that better represented me and my situation so I could see that there is some potential here. I guess I'll probably wait and see the reviews once it comes out and then make a purchasing decision.
Thanks
-Brett
|||Hey guys - EA SPORTS Active is definitely for men! We know that there are lots of people (male or female) out there who don't always have the time needed to get to the gym, and this is something that can be used at home, whenever the heck you want!
The workouts can be tailored to your needs - you choose the intensity and trust me, when you choose high intensity - it's a pretty intense workout! I have been doing the 30 day challenge since April 18th and it never ceases to impress me (or kick my butt).
You and your wife will also be able to workout together - which is pretty cool.
Let me know if you have any more questions! Happy to help!
KP|||I posted in the feedback forum, but I agree with the OP. Advertising makes me wonder if it's for men at all.|||Well I'm praying this is not just for women. I pre ordered this. I am desperate to get my weight loss/getting fit jump started. I need to do this. I want to do this. I just need some help..
john|||LOL
I was thinking the exact same thing. All the video blogs i've seen and the ads involve women only. I suppose it doesn't really matter but the amount of DVD's and home exercise technology that's building up in my home is starting to make me think that I should just join a gym. I plan to start with Active, then do Power90, The P90X.
We've got the wii board which my misses uses, and she's got fantastic results from it too.
I, like others, pre-ordered this with a 25% discount coupon that EA e-mailed me for my b-day.
It actually came on time this morning, but I was out for a couple of hours so I don't have it in my possession at the moment.
As time goes by, my main gripe is wether there's enough actual 'Resistance' training in Active. I'm hoping for options where I can do some sort of circuit training and free weight workouts. Activities such as running, Tennis, Basketball etc, etc don't appeal to me on a console. I feel that those types of activities are best, and probably more effective when approached outdoors or within a proper facility.
I will definitely be trying it out tomorrow morning and post some more feedback.
|||I would say no. I am 33 year old male and I did one workout on medium today. I was sweating like mad. I am for anything that is fun and gets you moving. So I would say it is for everyone. It was a lot of fun. I had a lot of fun with basketball and tennis. Looking forward working out tomorrow.|||I just posted a similar message to what Killer just said in a different thread... but I'll echo Killer again: I'm 28, male, normal weight, good health, and medium was a little tough for me today... If you're a guy, I'm sure you will find some use of this thing!|||I am all man... and I did it. But I am way out of shape, and extremely overweight, so I am not the typical male in terms of what they can do or put it through the paces of someone who is in much better shape.
Something tells me though that you can ramp it up pretty hard. There is certainly nothing girly about the exercises I have done so far, and you can tailor your own programs as far as I know, so you should be able to make it pretty intense.
I am tracking my experiences with Active as I progress through it. So if you are wondering, maybe something I talk about would be useful or give you more to question. Link is in signature. Anyways, it does seem like it is very female orientated, but then again I suspect females are by a large margin the major purchasers of things like exercise videos and the like, so that is why they are targeting them. If that is the case they may be missing the mark, because I think most guys will be able to at least use this as a tool to help expand their exercise regime. It is nice to be able to get in a decent workout for 20-30 minutes without leaving your living room, sometimes.
|||After doing two workouts... I agree this is not just for men..
wow
I am sooooo pumped about this. My weight has been creeping up and it has been really bothering me a lot. I just needed something to get me started. This has been it. I'm starting down the path to the new me, who will be a lot like the old me. My goal, lost 50 pounds by september and run in my first 5k in 20 years. I WANT THIS.. and I will get it...
right now my thighs hurt i love those lunges!!!!|||Think about it from a marketing point of view... for the most part, men would rather see women work out, as men are more visual and want to look at something that interests them.
On the other hand, most women, especially ones who are targeted by a home workout as opposed to those that already have a rigorous gym routine set, would rather see a woman workout, as it shows that they can do this too, giving them some motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment