Thursday, April 26, 2012

Does the profile infos and survey influences exercices?

Hello,
I am wondering if the profile informations you enter and the survey answers influence the exercices proposed in the predefined workouts and the 30 Days Challenge? If not, the profil informations and survey is there only as a reference for ourselves?
Thank you|||An accurate profile helps the program to calculate how many calories you'll burn exercising.
|||


An accurate profile helps the program to calculate how many calories you'll burn exercising.

Which appears to be the only thing it does, really.
For example, for one workout, it was projected I would burn 151 calories for my age, height, and weight. For that same workout, my mom was projected to burn 179 calories since she is older, shorter, and heavier than me.|||Thanks to both of you for the reply.
What about the survey? Like I read on screen it helps us to target bad habits. Right?|||I understood that it's the case about the survey.|||As far as I know, the other replies are correct. The main thing the game uses your profile information for is estimating calories burned by the workouts. Of course, the game has a somewhat limited ability to make good estimates. If you use a different resistance band, for example, the game can't know that and still estimates based on the default band included with the game. So you'll probably end up burning more calories than it estimates. I suppose as long as you're not burning less, it's OK though.
As for the surveys, I don't think they affect any of the workouts. You can actually select any of the 20 workouts in the 30 Day Challenge, at any level (easy, medium, hard), from the preset workout menu. If the surveys affect the workouts, this probably wouldn't be possible. I think the surveys are their more for your own information, to help you improve your diet and other exercise habits, and make the game a bit more than simply an exercise game.

No comments:

Post a Comment