Thursday, April 26, 2012

Lunge crazy!!!!

Hi, I have been doing the 30 day challenge for 2 weeks now and I literally have to do some sort of lunge every time! I used to work out quite regularly with a trainer in a gym (MANY years ago *lol*) and I was told that you need to skip a day for muscle groups. I really feel that this is weird and would like to know if anyone else is experiencing this. Thanks so much and good health everyone!|||Even on days where the trainer says we wont work the legs I start of with lunges, I am so with you on this, but I guess they consider it more of an aerobic exercise then a weight trainer?
Orlando|||I get lunges alot too, but I always am sore afterwards so I figure they're hitting some muscle groups that need the attention. I find them easier to do if I roll my eyes and let out a big groan when the lunges come up.|||Thanks for the feedback! At least I know now that I am not alone! I think I'll start rolling my eyes and groaning too when I see them come up! Smiles...|||Lunges are fine with me...it's the Jump Lunges that annoy me those are a big pain. I guess it could be worse though and could be inline skating all the time! |||The main focus of each workout changes, but it still hits every muscle group so that you are continually working them, which is really good for continuous toning!|||Your quads and glutes are your biggest muscle groups on your body. The faster you get those toned and in shape the faster you will start to see weight decrease because of the calorie burning aspect of muscle. Since they are the biggest muscles they would need more energy(calories) and therefore you will have a higher passive calorie burn, than if you worked on your upper body alone or simply did cardio.|||Lunges are the bain of my workout, them and the inline skating are the two that i never look forward to doing|||Its so amazing, but after 2 weeks of doing this, the inline skating and lunges are getting a wee bit easier. Never thought I'd say that! NOW the JUMP lunges... HOLY MOLY. FORGET IT. I'm going the fake it till you make it route.|||I am so sore from these! At least I know it's working!!!|||I think the virtual EA Trainer is reading my mind. I'm like no more lunges then he says "lunges are a big part of your program to get in shape" (or something like that). I gripe about doing so many BUT they do work to tone one of the largest mucles groups so I bear with it.
I'm OK with the various types EXCEPT for jumping lunges. My knee is killing me right now!! I see now this single exercise can put me out of commission so I'll uncheck it or skip it until I'm feeling better.|||


Your quads and glutes are your biggest muscle groups on your body. The faster you get those toned and in shape the faster you will start to see weight decrease because of the calorie burning aspect of muscle. Since they are the biggest muscles they would need more energy(calories) and therefore you will have a higher passive calorie burn, than if you worked on your upper body alone or simply did cardio.

I think a lot of people don't realize this. The more muscle you have, the more calories you burn when you're doing nothing. And you are so right, our legs and butt are the BIG muscles, so building those is so important for weight loss!|||I have a love hate relationship with the lunges...I love doing them, but the next day I hate them because I can barely move the next day...I'm talking AGONY! No pain no gain I guess! |||The jumping lunges are the ones that I skip.... I do other exercises in place of those.... My knees get tempermental at times and the jump lunges would be the one that would mess up one or both knees.

No comments:

Post a Comment