Friday, April 27, 2012

Sudden headache during a workout ...

Well, it wasn't really sudden, I had a bit of a headache all day, in the right temple. When I was doing something fairly extreme cardiowise in Active 2, the headache really throbbed. Ouch. First time that has ever happened.
I went ahead and finished the full workout, complaining all the way. It definitely took the fun out of it. The headache lingered afterward, more or less the way it was before, not really too noticeable.
Anyone think this is something to worry about?
My wife says it has happened to her before during a workout. I did a workout today and no problem.|||No, don't worry about it. I get them from time to time. Were you working at a computer all day or playing a video game? You can get them from that as well. Perfectly normal.|||Sometimes getting your blood really pumping will help a headache but if they blood vessels are already dilated it just makes it hurt more. I don't think it's anything to worry about.|||I had to quit a workout when my muscles tensed up doing split squats a couple weeks ago. My shoulder muscles and the muscles in my head (suboccitals, I think) tightened up and caused a bad headache. One thing that I might not have been doing was to activate my core and lats before doing the movement. I've had those squats since then and I make sure to feel like I'm squeezing a pencil between my lower shoulders, that should engage the lats and keep the upper shoulder muscles out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment