Friday, April 27, 2012

Additional Motion Sensors (for multiplayer)

One week until the release of Active 2 and still no word on WHEN we will be able to purchase an additional set of motion sensors for multiplayer.
I have already pre-ordered Active 2 and am very excited about it. However, I do have a family that would like to play via multiplayer and am hoping the additional motion sensors will be available on the release date of the game or earlier.
It's not right to release a game that has multiplayer and were not able to use it right away because extra motion sensors aren't available.
|||We are currently working on getting that info to you guys. I know that extra sets of peripherals will be available through the EA store but I dont know the date of availability just yet. Once I find out I will let everyone know. thanks and apologies for the delay.|||This seems really ridiculous. I have been using ea active since it was released. I bought more workouts on it's launch day and my husband and I work out together. We have been so excited about this launch, but will not purchase until we can play in multiplayer mode. Working out together helps us stay motivated, so I hope that it is available soon.|||Totally get that - working out with someone else helps most people stay motivated. I will let you know as soon as I have more info.|||If you have the Wii console you can buy Active 2 plus NFL training camp and have two sets of controls and two different games!|||Thanks for your help. I do not mean to sound like a complainer, I just have been really excited to buy it and a little disappointed to not get to do it right away. I appreciate the suggestion, would that work for the ps3 console as well? We might want to own both of those.|||Training Camp is only for the Wii. If you want multi-player for PS3, you need to have the additional sensors in an accessory pack. If you want multi-player for XBOX, you need an additional heart monitor as an accessory and the Kinect. That is why everyone is so concerned and asking everywhere (Facebook, various game forums, etc). I was excited about launch day as well, but this kind of took the air out of my sails. I barely talked my wife into letting us get the Kinect and EA Active ($250) so that we could workout together. If rumors are correct, I will need to come up with an additional $60 when the heart rate monitors are available. There is no reason for me to pre-order or buy next week if the additional monitors are not available. I sure wish they would have enabled multi-player on the XBOX (with Kinect) that did not require a 2nd heart rate monitor. I am sure I will get this eventually and the previews look great!|||I gotta admit this is maddening. Its quite frankly completely ridiculous. I should be able to pre-order an extra heart rate monitor at the same time as I ordered the game. Im just so frustrated it unimaginable.|||I agree and apologize for the frustrating situation. Will let you know as soon as I can.|||Hmmm...Only 1 day until the release of Active 2 and still no information on additional motion sensors. Looks like I won't be purchasing this afterall.|||sorry to hear that. Am hoping to update everyone later today or tomorrow.|||I too would like to buy an additional set of motion sensors. It just seems to odd that you haven't got them available at the same time the game is introduced.
It would be super cool if the heart rate monitor could be worn while working out elsewhere and it could be downloaded into the game to keep track of other exercises you do in terms of calories. I know I would pay more for this feature if EA wants to add more value in the future.|||Should I consider myself lucky or unlucky that I really don't have anyone in my life to work out with and thus don't have any need to purchase a second set of sensors for?
On the one hand I'm lucky because I get it at lower cost.
On the other hand... Working out alone, does get quite lonely.
At least you have someone who is supporting you, and even if the other person doesn't have the sensors on as well, that doesn't mean you both can't do the workouts together at first. The sensors help, but it's the actual activity that is most important.
Am I wrong?|||Actually someone else brought up a point. What batteries do the sensors use? AA/AAA? Bizarre watch batteries I have to keep buying every other week?|||the peripherals take AAA batteries which come with the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment