Thursday, April 26, 2012

How long before you saw weight loss?

Just wondering for those of you who have weight to lose, how long did it take to see results when doing the 30 day challenge? Days? Weeks? And did you greatly modify your diet?
I'm starting my second week of the 30 day challenge. I have about 80 pounds to lose. Doing the low intensity right now but plan on upping the intensity later this week or at week 3.|||Diet and exercise go together.
I have been losing all along.
Don't expect to lose weight if you have not reduce calories.|||


Just wondering for those of you who have weight to lose, how long did it take to see results when doing the 30 day challenge? Days? Weeks? And did you greatly modify your diet?

I have been doing Wii Fit for 60+ days and EA Active for maybe 30 workouts. My weight loss has been very gradual, but steady. I have lost 10 pounds in 2 months plus.
However, what sometimes seems painful is that after a weekend of fairly moderate 'heavy' eating I will gain about 3 pounds. But I have noticed that those pounds quickly shed. So I don't get too concerned about it, and I also don't get too excited if I suddenly lose 3 pounds. It's the trend that's important.
Yes, I have cut back on eating and alcohol, and I am walking to work (1 mile each way).|||Started 1st 30day challenge at 214 @ easy
2nd 30 day challenge at 205 @ easy
3rd 30 day challenge at 197 @ med
I try to watch what I eat, not really diet but eat healthy. I also track it on 411fit.com. And try to walk everyday, I'm up to 3 miles a day. I upped it a mile every 30 days. Hope this helps.
Kathy|||I'm on my 11th workout, and doing weightwatchers. I just measured myself and I lost 6 inches (which I will not find them again). I lost 3.5 inches in my waist. I still have a while to go, but I've only lost 2 pounds since I started the challenge.
For me, it's not really the weight, but the inches.|||I don't have a lot of pounds to lose, but I found that I got a big weight loss at the start when I was really having a difficulty with the workouts and started to cut down on my calories. As my body got used to the difficulty and as I started to eat a little more, my weight loss plateaued a little bit (maybe from week 3-4 of my first 30 day challenge). I am starting to lose a little weight again because I increased the difficulty of my exercises (I bought a new resistance band/tube). I guess I will have to do this on a regular basis to be able to lose weight while still eating normally.|||I am on my 3rd 30 day workout. During the first workout i did not loss a pound but if i had thought to measure I am sure i lost some inches becasue my clothes fit better. the weight started coming off during the second 30 days after i had buildt some muscle. this suprised my becasue I have been going to the gym 3 days a week for years|||I just completed week two on my first 30 day challenge (easy). So far I have lost 6 pounds out of the 80 I need to lose . Also, I find that when I exercise I tend to eat healthier.|||I hope I can join the hoorays one day
I actually gained a bit and am slightly frustrated about it |||This is a really tricky one. Let's just say that your scale might not be your most supportive friend. Finally after 10 weeks my scale is registering 5 lbs weight lost. Turns out my clothes were not that great a measure either because I hadn't been wearing tight clothing. Really, I just noticed fewer rolls and folds.
Fortunately, this time around I'm working out because it's fun, I like the way it makes me feel, and I like feeling like somebody who cares about her health and works out. Better food choices are flowing from there - partic becoming more educated about nutrition and working "super foods" into my diet.
With these other priorities, I feel less of a need to, as Dr. Phil says, "comfort myself with food." Proven fact: increasing activity and decreasing calories = losing fat.
If stupid scale won't support my efforts, I say "you're not the boss of me. I'm going to be fabulous with or without you."|||I've been on my own diet for a month. There's a few things you need to realize about your scale that is deceiving you and causing most people mental anguish.
- People are 75% water. So the majority of the really wild fluctuations in your weight are due to how much water just happens to be in your body at that time. Use the scale to track general trends in your weight loss. But it's totally unreliable to calculate what you're actually interested in, how much fat you are burning off.
- You need to burn 3500 calories to drop 1lbs of fat. So your weight loss will depend on how many calories per day you are burning versus how much you take in.
In the end your weight gain, was just as slow as your weight loss will be. It will take patience and time. Keep going at it and the rewards will be worth it.|||Since each workout in the easy challenge is less than 100 calories you won't see much weightloss without altering your diet. I've lost 15 lbs since starting Active in June but I've also cut my calories to 1,200 or less a day. Exercise is great but diet is going to give you the biggest weight loss. I started with easy then did the medium and am now doing hard. I've noticed a huge difference in my endurance and breathing. I also do at least one workout everyday without taking rest days. There's lots of workouts to chose from in the list and you can chose any of them for your rest day.|||My own experience tracking my weight was that I was on track with a about 2 lbs weight loss per month, by just doing the EA Active stuff on a nearly daily basis. I really didn't start seeing big results until I got really hard core about changing my diet. Changing my diet made a huge difference in my weight loss as now it's more like 1lbs a week.
Not that exercise isn't important! But you have to think of the math. 3500 calories = 1lbs of fat. So exercise alone isn't going to make a huge impact on your weight. It will make an impact on how you feel and your energy level though so don't abandon it.|||I lost 15 pounds over two 30 day Challenges, then kept it off for the rest of the summer.
I think one of the great things about Active is that it "resets" your body into fitness mode. More than weight loss, I thrilled to see better tone all over my body and I'm much stronger with more energy.
|||The way I look at it is that losing weight is a by-product of getting in shape. EA Active is a great way to start you towards getting into shape. Eating right is just a natural part of the equation once you start thinking about your health and getting in shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment