Thursday, April 26, 2012

Pulse 160 for About 5 minutes - Nearly Passed Out

Overdid it today I guess. Pulse was a steady 155-161 for around 5 minutes, then all hell boke loose. Dizzy, nausea, almost hurled. Was I in any danger? I'm not in very good shape yet.
On a lighter note, I came down after about 15 minutes, and once I felt stable, I finished the workout. I'm very proud of myself. I refuse to quit and I WILL get in shape. BTW, I've been in for 2 weeks and I've lost 3 pounds.|||That doesn't sound too good. Over time you body will get used to higher heart rate over longer periods. Don't rush it, you will get there!|||I would recommend that you take little breaks more often before you get so winded. Just pause the game for a few minutes and catch your breath, take in some water, let your heart rate recover. Make sure that YOU control the game and don't let IT control you!|||Thanks for the support. Today's workout went so much better. I kept an eye on the HR and stopped pushing myself so hard. Stayed squarely in the 130s and 140s, and felt great. Piece of cake. BTW, Kranders, I think you said it best. I'm in this for the long haul; need to take things slower.
Again, thanks.|||hey funk,
i see you have the ps3.
for some fun (still be sure not to overdo it) that's just as sweaty, tiring and challenging as a workout.
check out
Kung Fu Live and
The Fight Lights Out . (this is a street fighting / boxing game... they recently added an "exercise pack" to download which is pretty tough.)
the fight lights out exercise pack:





Kung Fu Live - they have a demo to download. i would do this first to be sure you have decent lighting and room to play the game.




|||Still laughing...........
They both look like fun and good exercise. Is that you in the video? The Fight Lights looks particularly good, but the backdrops and atmosphere seems a bit depressing to me. I wonder if it can be customized (music, "scenes", etc).
Great stuff; thanks. Might have to go for one of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment