Thursday, April 26, 2012

Wii Balance Board day but NO exercises with board

Hello,
First of all this is my very first post here! I want to say that I love EA SPORTS Active!
My question now. During a 30 Days Challenge, my girlfriend completed the first two workout days. Her first one was marked as Wii Balance Board day. However none of the exercises included the board. Am I missing something? On my side (on my profile), the first day of my 30 Days Challenge was a Wii Balance Board day and the board was involved.
Thank you|||there is a setting in the 30 day challenge as to whether you want to use the bb. Its either there or in your main profile.|||I think DePictureboy is right. From what I've read, the 30 Day Challenge will always have certain days/workouts labeled as balance board ones, but if you don't tell it you can/want to use the balance board, it won't do so. Try checking your settings and make sure that you've turned on the balance board option.|||I've had the same problem as Rockdreamer - one of my days was a bb day - but no use of the board. Also, I thought that the bb days were green, but this isn't the case for me, it's all a bit mixed up.|||Anybody know if I can buy a board without the fit game, for less than the 90.00 wii fit costs? After much study, I would rather use just Active, but want to use the board...|||I think the actual Wii Board monitors your steps and such so I was thinking maybe just buy a simple step but I don't believe that it will monitor your progress with it.
Good luck!|||As clarycat said, I remember also that my girlfriend's 30 Days Challenge calendar showed the second day as a Wii Balance Board day (on the tool tip) but wasn't green. Last time I checked the calendar the specific day was ok (not green). Seems to be a bug. Not a big deal. Anyone experienced it?|||DePictureboy and Ptharnus, the option to use the board is on.|||Hey Rockdreamer,
I've actually had that happen to me. I never really change my settings so the option to use the balance board is always on. However, I did get a Wii Balance Board day on the 30 day challenge but no exercises. I'm wondering if maybe because of what I put in my profile or the survey if that has any affect on my workout. And I'm not sure about the calendar being green. I don't remember seeing that.
IBHomer, I believe I heard that you can just buy the balance board on ebay.|||I had this happen to me this morning. It said it was a balance board day and I got no BB workouts.
But I think I know why........... Right before you start the actual workout, it has a screen that comes up with the balance board on it telling you to push the power on the board. I accidentally hit the A button and went right past it without turning it on and doing what it said on that screen. And...no BB exercises! What it did was give me the same workout, but used the non-BB ones instead.
So I think you just have to make sure to pay attention and do what it says on that screen. I am planning on doing the workout again tonight and I'll make sure to hit power when it says to. I really think this is the problem because I've had Balance Board days and actually used the board before - this was the first time this has happened.
Hope this helps you guys!|||Oh, and yes, you CAN just buy the balance board on Ebay, but it ends up costing about $60 or so -- think that was before adding shipping. We ended up buying the FIT at a local store (even though I didn't even really want the FIT) just because it wasn't going to cost us much more.
I think if you look up "balance board only" or something like that, it makes your search a little easier!|||nkim111, thanks for your message. I ignore how your profile infos and the survey influence the exercices.
prncessd, interresting. It's probably what happened (hitting A button too quickly).|||prncessd, you are right about missing the 'switch the board on' part.
Also, it will compensate the next day and use the board, but it will still be the original day which stays green.|||I have this problem often, and it's frustrating. Every time I turn on the system, I have it check for my board in my settings, and everything is fine, but it's rare that I actually get balance board days.
|||Anyone else have experienced this?

No comments:

Post a Comment