Thursday, April 26, 2012

Program locks up everytime it is used

I purchased EA Sports Active 2 on Friday 11-26-10. I have a 60 gig Xbox 360 with over 50 gig left on the drive, the manufacture date of the Xbox is 2008-10-25 and the serial number is 117714784307. I have a Linksys router model WRT54GS and a Cisco SD2008 switch; the Xbox is hard wired to the switch and the internet connection is through cable.
Three people started working out on the Cardio Kick Start 3 week program (Medium) on Friday 11-26-10, and it froze up on each person at different points in the workout. I started my day 2 workout today Monday the 29th and it froze up in the instructions for the mountain bike routine. On all of the lockups, the 360 had to be turned off and restarted. The controllers were off and when turned on they were unable to sync up with the 360, even when pressing the sync buttons on the 360 and controllers. In addition, the heart rate monitor remained synced but once the sync button was pressed, it would lose connection and never synchronize up again.
I purchased this product because of the EA Sports name and the included heart rate monitor. However, I hope that you can see from this post and others on your site, that this product is unusable for its intended propose. I am going to check with the store that I purchased this product from to find out how long I can keep it and still get my money back: I purchased it at WalMart. If there is not a fix within the WalMart return period, then I will be returning this product.
|||Don't have an x-Box, I have a Wii; but you may want to try reading through the messages to see if you can find a fix for your problem.
NotThePest|||I will be happy to try any test you would like. I will not be able to perform the test until tomorrow: I will post the results around 7pm CST, 12-01-10.
FYI, the heart rate sync has always worked properly, the only time it would be a problem is when the program locks up, and I press the sync button. For example, when the program locks up the heart rate monitor still shows that it is in sync as indicated by the light ring. I pressed the sync button in an attempt at bringing the program out of its locked up state. Once the program is locked up and the sync button is pressed, the heart rate monitor (or any other controller for that matter) will not synchronize up again until the Xbox is rebooted.
|||Ok, so I found some time tonight to perform the test. With all other variables the same, and turning off the speech recognition, I was able to perform routine number 3 without any lockups. This marks the first time I have been able to complete any routines without a lockup, everything worked great. Would you like me to perform any other tests? Thank you for helping out with this issue.
As long as I have someone on the line willing to help, is there anything you can do to stop the hand from jumping all over the place. I have 2 other Kinect games and both work very steady between my hand and the one on the screen so I am able to using the technology, and it is set up correctly. This program however, the hand on the screen jumps around enough to make it very difficult to select the desired menu option. I have reverted to using the controller with this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment