Friday, April 27, 2012

WII Active 2 - Do I need to hold controller while using bands or dumbbells

I own Active and am considering purchasing Active 2 for the WII but am hesitant if the weight training (bands/dumbbell) exercises still require one hand to hold the WII controller. It is really impossible to use heavy bands or dumbbells and still handle the controller. Is this still the case with Active 2 on the WII?
Thanks,
Rick|||Rick, no, you don't need to hold the Wii remote while doing band or weight exercises. This is a huge plus for me because the Wii/nunchuck setup made some movements difficult. I am using 5 or 8 pound hand weights and Active 2 is working great for me. I never found bands that gave me enough freedom.
You will still use the Wii remote for a few exercises following hand movements, like basketball shooting or soccer goalie. But it is needed in only a small number of exercises each day.
However, the Wii remote seems to lose contact with the Wii if it sits unused for many minutes. So I usually pick mine up between every few exercises wave it for a sec and put it down.|||this is not true - there is at least one exercise (on the Wii) that requires you to hold the Wiimote and a dumbbell/band at the same time in the same hand. It's one of the arm exercises (I can't remember which right now) and it is a HUGE hassle to try to do this! It was one of the last days in "phase 1" of the 90 day challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment