Thursday, April 26, 2012

Wii Compatible dumbbells

I noticed at Wal-mart you can get wii compatible 2lb dumbbells. Does anyone have these and how well do they work with Active. I have tried various resistance bands but always break and have to resort to the red resistance band that came with the game. I need something stronger than that band.|||I'm not sure if the ones I've been using are the ones you mean, but I've had good success with them. I found these in the sporting good section. They're called "Soft Dumbells" and they have a strap. I've been using the 5 pound ones for about two weeks with good success. I don't use the resistance band anymore, just these weights. They were about $6 each for the 5 pounders.|||I haven't seen those, but I do have Reebok 4 pound wrist weights that I use. I keep them on the whole time and I feel it works more than when I first started with just the resistance band. I got them at Target. I still do use the resistance band however for a little extra.|||They are rather light. They did work with the Wii Active (I used them for one exercise), but I boxed them up and took them back. Just not really heavy enough for me. I prefer the bands or my own weights since I lift heavier than 2#. All in all though they did work rather well with the game itself.|||I have some from another game for Wii, I think they are 2lb... but the nunchuck and the controller fit into them, so I was thinking they would be a pain to use with EA Active.
Do you find it's a drag to stop to use the hand weights?|||



Do you find it's a drag to stop to use the hand weights?

Yes, sometimes it is but it gives me a chance to catch my breath!|||I know this is a stretch, but maybe someone will come up with something weighted that the controllers would fit IN and we Hold That instead of the controllers AND the straps of the bands or free weights!
Hoping!
Charlene|||I've enjoyed using the 5 lbs weights with the straps. The transition time between exercises isn't a big problem, it's the same time you'd need to change between an excercise that uses the resistance band and one that doesn't. As to the above poster's comment about a weighted wii-mote set, I think that'd be a great and popular idea. I can easily imagine the tubular weights that I now use having sensors in them. The resistance bands were way too light for me and even when I bought newer, stronger ones they 1) pulled my hands so tightly that I had bad form and 2) they eventually snapped.
The weights with straps have been great.|||Like these? http://www.amazon.com/Dumbbell-Set-Wii-Nintendo/dp/B0028IBYSO
|||Actually like these better: http://www.riiflex.com/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment