Thursday, April 26, 2012

MY 1st EXPERIENCE

I saw this in the Sunday paper the other day and thought this would be a another FAIL on behalf of the Wii . I had bought the Fit because of all the hoopla and was disappointed, it now just collects dust.... So yesterday I went out and bought this.. My first thought was "wow this is what it is?".. I got home and popped in the disk and gave it a shot..
I am 34 6ft 2 210 lbs and workout every day.. I was not expecting the workout that I had gotten.. I switched the bands to regular bands (the ones that come with it are garbage).. For me this really worked my muscles the best. I woke up this morning and my thighs were killing me.. I do a lot of upper body lifting and never focus too much on the legs. I am very impressed with the software behind this. It truly works.
I will recommend this to everyone I know that owns a Wii.. I think if you buy a $10 set of bands from Target they will give you a better workout.. When doing the boxing really twist your hips and obliques to get a good ab workout . With the right accessories .. I may cancel my gym membership...
My only complaint would be the leg strap.. I think I will sew a pouch in some old gym shorts the exact dimensions of the one on the leg band so I won't have to worry about it sliding off...|||Thank you for the tip on the straps.|||no prob! The blue band gives me the resistance of 35lb dumbbells when curling. These will tone you up faster than the one provided..||| I too just got this for my sister for her birthday and am very disappointed in the leg strap. If you are overweight it is difficult to get the strap on and for it to stay on. They should have thought of that in designing this game. Many overweight people trying to lose weight will buy this game and find they too struggle to get the leg strap to work. Maybe they should include an extension in the game to make the strap bigger.|||Cableguy, I've thought about a sewn-in pocket too. I'm thinking the leg portion of the shorts or pants would have to be snug for it to work well.|||I'm hoping EA or some other enterprising company will just start making shorts with the Nunchuk pocket built in. You'd probably still need a belt of some kind to hold it firmly against you leg (so it doesn't bounce around) but that wouldn't have to be as tight as the current belt has to be. I feel like I'm applying a tourniquet when I put mine on!
It's good to hear the program is as useful for folks who already workout, too.|||My daughter wants to use the active personal trainer, but the leg strap was small, so I sewed the extra Velcro unto the leg strap. I think this will work. I just sewed it on the very edges of strap.
But yes EA needs to have a larger leg strap.|||Another tip on a custom workout I did yesterday was to do the entire boxing category about 20 min worth and put on ankle or wrist weights on when yo do your punching!!! WOW my body got a huge workout yesterday evening... It says i burned 180 cal but with the weights probally 250-300 cal Great cardio!!!|||


My daughter wants to use the active personal trainer, but the leg strap was small, so I sewed the extra Velcro unto the leg strap. I think this will work. I just sewed it on the very edges of strap.
But yes EA needs to have a larger leg strap.

Yea I'm trying to come up with something that involves a pair of bike shorts.. Will let you know if I come up with something|||


no prob! The blue band gives me the resistance of 35lb dumbbells when curling. These will tone you up faster than the one provided..
Thanks for the tip re: upgrading to a new resistance band...the band that comes with the game just doesn't do the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment